
I'm in the midst of a World tour starting in Mackinac Island, MI and ending in San Francisco, CA with stops in St. Andrews, Scotland, Berlin, Germany, and Los Angeles. Trust me, you don't even want to see my flight itinerary. But really I'm not expecting you to care too much about my travels, however you may be interested in some of the construction in Scotland and Germany. I'm going to post some info about the buildings and/or construction market in Scotland and Germany so be sure to stay tuned (like I even had to ask).
Trivia Question:
For what construction project were hard hats first invented?
Send your answers to poolejohn@gmail.com and if you are correct you will get a set of bagpipes (no, just kidding).


Suggest Pillars of Earth by Ken Follett.
ReplyDeleteHoover Dam
ReplyDeleteThough Bullard seems to think it was Golden Gate bridge, I seem to recall much earlier woven attempts shown in Chinese museum.
ReplyDeleteFrom everything I can find, its the Hoover Dam. I can't believe they didn't wear hard hats before that. The Golden Gate Bridge actually had a big net under it to catch people that fell - just an interesting piece of info.
ReplyDelete